The primary goal of the 纳赫 program is to teach the skills and love of learning that are necessary for a lifetime of Torah study. All 纳赫 classes extensively utilize chavruta study to develop textual and analytical skills that equip our graduates to study 纳赫 seriously and independently. 犹太人的研究 electives are offered throughout high school for motivated students who desire additional Torah learning above and beyond graduation requirements.
All students are required to take four years of 纳赫; the first two-thirds of each year is devoted to Chumash, 最后三分之一给纳维. A 纳赫 Seminar elective is available in the 12th Grade. 整个四年都在跟踪塔纳赫课程. 选修课对所有感兴趣的学生开放.
In addition to developing textual skills that enable students to lovingly unlock any page of Gemara on their own, 塔木德 department emphasizes analytical skill-building through in-depth exploration of concepts in the Gemara and Rishonim. Advanced seminars are offered as electives for motivated students who desire additional 塔木德 learning above and beyond graduation requirements.
The 哈拉卡 department aims to help students become well-informed regarding the practical laws that govern the daily lives of observant Jews. We also strive to impart an understanding of how 哈拉卡 develops from its source in the Torah to its practice in our daily lives.
哈拉卡 is integrated into the 塔木德 course in 9th grade and is a separate, 10-12年级的必修课. 哈拉卡 classes are tracked throughout all four years.
Our primary goal in teaching 犹太人的历史 is to help students develop a strong Jewish identity and gain an appreciation of the rich texture of their Jewish heritage as part of the larger historical context.
犹太人的历史 is formally integrated into the World History 课程 and included in the US History course. Students are required to take a course in Contemporary Israel in the Senior year.
The study of Jewish philosophy ensures that students are exposed to fundamental questions (e.g. 信仰与理性, 自由意志, 和神义论), 关键思想家, and important texts that are integral to our philosophical tradition.
犹太哲学 is a required course in 11th grade.
In addition to helping students gain fluency in Hebrew, we strive to instill within our students a love of the Hebrew language, 对以色列土地和以色列国的爱, and a sense of personal connection to Israeli culture. The spiral Hebrew curriculum touches themes that are culturally engaged in students’ daily life as well connecting them with the world around them and the life and culture in Israel.
All students are required to take three years of Hebrew and have the option of taking an advanced course in the senior year. All mandatory Hebrew classes in grades 9-11 are tracked. 高级选修课不被跟踪. Hebrew classes are tracked independently of other disciplines.
每周一次在马亚诺, each students’ Gemara or 纳赫 teacher will transform their classroom and the style of their teaching in order to create and deepen genuine connections between classroom teachers and students. Building a shared language and investing a whole person approach based on the Jewish tradition, this weekly class is a cross-section between social emotional learning and Torah education. 培养专注倾听的技巧, 作为一个课堂社区的纽带, and providing students with opportunities to share about their inner world and their connection to Torah text, 列弗Hashavua provides our students with a unique weekly experience of spirituality and community.
Take advantage of the many opportunities to enhance your religious life with extracurricular Torah learning and personal growth programming in and out of school.
midresheet Ma 'ayanot - Take advantage of the many opportunities to enhance your religious life with extracurricular Torah learning and personal growth programming in and out of school.
Midreshet董事Ma 'ayanot - Donny Besser拉比
- midresheet Ma 'ayanot程序- 你是那种信奉律法的人吗? 你有兴趣成为其中一员吗? Join 马Midreshet 'ayanot and earn enough “points” throughout the semester by attending shiurim and your own learning and earn the right to participate in special programming and a designation that will surely impress seminaries and some colleges.
- 早上好，米德拉莎 Get your day started right with 10 minutes of Torah study during breakfast with a lineup of teachers on different subjects.
- Parsha俱乐部 – Once a week, spend your lunch learning Parsha with a teacher.
- B不是Chorin 查萨教授这个 没完没了没完没了没完没了没完没了没完没了没完没了. 有效地利用你的空闲时间 Flex Beit Midrash, 高级贝特·米德拉什 during the last two periods of the day, or just any time you have a free period.
- Vaadim - Unique learning opportunity for all students to join with faculty and peers to learn about specific Jewish topics that interest you. 想加入多少瓦迪姆就加入多少瓦迪姆. 找到一个已经存在的vad (Parsha), Halacha, Chasidut, 压力, Mussar, Tefilla, Jewish Music) and create your own for what you want to see, 并加入其他志同道合的学生, 让老师和校友们在你们的信仰中成长.
- 马'alot学者 铀浓缩计划 – Are you an Honors student who is looking for a little more? Apply to be a Ma’alot Scholar and along with your chevruta, intensify your learning experience.